Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Each station features coverag
BUFFALO, N.Y. -- Dominik Hasek is not a goaltender anymore. He hasnt taken his customary place between the posts since his last game on Feb. 27, 2011 for Spartak Moscow of the KHL. He has thought and talked about playing since, but never followed through. "My equipment is still in the same bag," he said. Even when the 49-year-old plays with friends once or twice a week, Hasek plays as a defenceman. Forty years as a goalie was enough. And its unlikely the man nicknamed "The Dominator" can capture the kind of performances that made him one of the best goaltenders in his era, alongside Patrick Roy and Martin Brodeur. Hasek played his final NHL game five years ago, and then officially retired in 2012. Its taken time since he left the league for his true place in NHL history to come into focus. Six Vezina Trophies as the leagues best goaltender, two Hart Trophies as MVP, one Olympic gold medal, six first-team all-star selections and two Stanley Cups -- one as a starter -- dont even tell the whole story. Few goalies during the 1990s and 2000s could do what Hasek did to opponents. "He mentally and physically intimidated you," said St. Louis Blues coach Ken Hitchcock, who beat Hasek in the 1999 Cup final with the Stars. "I think there were games that you knew you were never going to score on him, and I think it was very discouraging at times. I think thats a great quality. Id never seen the guy quit on a puck, Id never seen the guy give up on anything. And thats hard to play against." Haseks .922 save percentage is the best of any goalie since the league started keeping track in 1982-83. His 2.02 goals-against average is the best in the modern era, slightly lower than Ken Dryden and Brodeur. Brodeur has many more shutouts, but when Hasek was on his game, he had the ability to almost will teams to win. "He makes a team believe," ex-Sabres and current Stars coach Lindy Ruff said in a phone interview. "You just start believing that with him in goal you can win any given night." Ruff recalled times when Hasek was so locked in that "we really only had to score one. And if we got two, it was almost guaranteed-win night." Hasek, who is being inducted into the Sabres hall of fame Saturday night and will be the first NHL player to have the number 39 retired next season, wanted victories more than trophies or honours. "I want to be remembered as a competitor who gave the teams always (the chance) to win the game," Hasek said Friday at First Niagara Center. "As a great goalie, as the person or goalie who gave the team (a chance) to always win the game. Thats what was hockey for me. I enjoyed my time, I enjoyed when I played here and any time I step on the ice my goal is to win the game and try to help my teammates win the game." Hasek will forever trail Brodeur (three Cups with the New Jersey Devils) and Roy (four, two each with the Montreal Canadiens and Colorado Avalanche), and one of his two in Detroit came as Chris Osgoods backup. But Hasek could potentially have won another title in 1999, had it not been for Brett Hulls controversial skate-in-the-crease overtime series winner in Game 6. A Cup there would have burnished Haseks legacy even more, but its not something that he laments 15 years later. "Its part of the life," he said. "Sometimes you win, sometimes you come close and you dont win it the whole way. It was an unfortunate night for us, it was something disappointing, but for me it wasnt end of my life." Far from it. In fact, Hasek teamed up with Hull to win the Cup in 2002 with the Red Wings, posting six shutouts along the way. "Winning a Stanley Cup anywhere, its hard," said Sabres coach Ted Nolan, who spoke with Hasek Friday for the first time since Nolan was fired in Buffalo in 1997. "Its hard and all the stars have to line up. They didnt quite line up here but he went and lined it up in Detroit pretty well." In 1999, Hasek had two shutouts and a playoff-best .939 save percentage in almost getting the Sabres their first championship in franchise history. Stars centre Joe Nieuwendyk won the Conn Smythe Trophy, but it easily couldve gone to Hasek even in a losing effort. "We were a huge underdog, obviously, going through the playoffs," Ruff said. "I thought that our team really fed off of Doms performance for the most part. He wouldve been able to take a team that wasnt supposed to get there and win it." Haseks dominant prime lasted six seasons, from 1993-94 through 1998-99, when he led the league in save percentage every single time and came away with five of his six career Vezinas. Asked about those years, Hasek smiled and brushed off the notion that it mightve been the best stretch any goalie has ever played. "I dont think about this that way," Hasek said. "I got a chance to prove, to become starting goalie and after that I had, I dont know, six, seven years, which we had great teams, we made it every year to the playoffs except one of nine years." Hasek proved much more than that, something that will more than likely be validated with induction to the Hockey Hall of Fame in November. "For me its a no-brainer," Ruff said. "I think he definitely stands as one of the best. He was on the cutting edge of the way a lot of goaltenders play. Always looking for a way to be better. He could take a team a long ways with the way he played." Hasek isnt carrying teams anymore, instead living back home in the Czech Republic and working "a little bit" in hockey and also in business. As much as hed appreciate it, making the Hall of Fame was never his goal, and thats not his focus even now. "There are new goals in life and always something new to prove. The hockey career is something what is behind me," Hasek said. "What great years, what fantastic things to do something what you enjoy, what you love to do, and be very well paid and be around the people who you love and spend great time with them. However its part of the life that every professional player has to retire some day, and you wake up and you enjoy your life different ways." Michael Dickson Jersey . "Right now were kind of looking at him at the end of the rotation right now," said pitching coach Pete Walker. "Not indicative of how hes doing or how hes feeling. Its just, it seems like the spot we want him right now. Alex McGough Jersey . Roy says he will know more about Duchenes potential playing status Sunday. Duchene has been out since damaging the MCL in his left knee when he ran into a teammate against San Jose on March 29. Hes been skating on his own all week, before joining the team Saturday hours before a pivotal game in a series tied at 2. http://www.seahawksauthenticofficialonli...ersey.html. They know how difficult it is to beat the San Antonio Spurs. George scored 28 points and Indiana defeated San Antonio 111-100 on Saturday night, snapping an 11-game skid against the Spurs. Ed Dickson Seahawks Jersey . The Cavs announced the move Saturday, one day after LeBron James said hes returning to Cleveland. A 12-year veteran, Haywood has played in 794 NBA games, averaging 6. Dontae Johnson Jersey . James Harden wasnt worried and told his coach as much. "He was fired up but I told him: Its OK. Were going to be all right," Harden said. And they were. Houston scored 17 straight points after that timeout, led by 10 from Harden, to take the lead and roll to an easy 129-106 win.Canadas Sports Leader delivers all the news and analysis surrounding NHL Trade Deadline Day during TRADECENTRE 14 (#TradeCentre) – TSNs signature 10-hour event. Consistently ranking as the industrys most-watched and most-trusted source for NHL Trade Deadline Day news, TRADECENTRE 14 airs Wednesday, March 5 beginning at 8 a.m. ET on TSN. Before kicking off TRADECENTRE 14, TSNs team of Hockey Insiders and experts set up one of the most anticipated days of the hockey season during the 60-minute COUNTDOWN TO TRADECENTRE airing tomorrow (Tuesday, March 4) at 8:30 p.m. ET. From 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. ET on Wednesday, TRADECENTRE 14 delivers in-depth coverage of every trade. For fans at work or on-the-go, the entire broadcast will be available via live stream on TSN.ca and on the brand new TSN Hockey app. TRADECENTRE 14 will also be available live on NHL Network in the U.S. Immediately following TRADECENTRE 14 on TSN, host Rod Smith recaps the days events with reaction from around the NHL on SPORTSCENTRE at 6 p.m. ET while NHL ON TSN takes over at 7 p.m. ET with Toronto @ NY Rangers.  TSN has been delivering comprehensive coverage of NHL Trade Deadline Day since 2000. Each year, Canadians overwhelmingly make TRADECENTRE their #1 choice for news and analysis. Last years TRADECENTRE more than doubled the average audience recorded by its closest competitor, while TSN Digital recorded 23.6 million page views across all of its platforms – making it one of the Top 5 busiest days ever in TSN Digital history TRADECENTRE 14 Broadcast TeamHost James Duthie leads TSNs TRADECENTRE 14 team of Hockey Insiders and experts – including former NHL players, coaches, and general managers – through 10 hours of hockey talk. Throughout the day, TRADECENTRE 14 will feature interviews, breaking news and instant analysis of each transaction, while also checking in with SPORTSCENTREs Bureau Reporters on site with each Canadian team to file live reports. The TRADECENTRE 14 broadcast team: Host: James Duthie Trade Breaker Desk: Bob McKenzie, Darren Dreger, Pierre LeBrun, and Gord Miller Instant Analysis Panel: Aaron Ward, Ray Ferraro, and Mike Johnson Deadline Panel: Gino Reda, Martin Biron, plus Jeff ONeill and Jay Feaster The Big Board: Craig Button Post2Post: Jamie McLennan looks at goalies on the market Satellite Contributors: Pierre McGuire in Philadelphia and Darren Pang in New York City TSN The Reporters Panel: Dave Hodgee with Michael Farber, Toronto Suns Steve Simmons, and National Posts Bruce Arthur SPORTSCENTRE Bureau Reporters: Cory Woron, Brent Wallace, Ryan Rishaug, Sara Orlesky, Mark Masters, John Lu, Farhan Lalji, Paul Hollingsworth, Jermain Franklin, and Matthew Scianitti SPORTSCENTRE Updates: Jennifer Hedger RAM has signed on as lead sponsor of TRADECENTRE 14 and the Trade Breaker Desk, helmed by TSNs Hockey Insiders.dddddddddddd. TRADECENTRE 14 on TSN DigitalLaunching just in time for TRADECENTRE 14, the fully customizable TSN Hockey app delivers real-time game updates, news alerts, video highlights, and more from Hockey Canada, NHL, and AHL. Designed and engineered in partnership with the Toronto-based digital studio The Working Group, the TSN Hockey app is available on iOS and will soon be available for Android. The TSN Hockey app and TSN.ca are the ultimate destinations for NHL Trade Deadline Day. In addition to live streaming TRADECENTRE 14, these TSN Digital platforms also feature the following highlights: Trade Tracker – delivering real-time updates on all the trades as they happen. Twitter Tracker – pulling together tweets from TSNs team of Hockey Insiders, experts, and correspondents TSN Big Board – providing stats, cap hits and other key information on players in play Trade Deadline Playbooks – displaying each teams situations in terms of upcoming free agents, players with no-trade clauses, top prospects, and potential plans TSN Fantasy Guru Scott Cullens take on NHL Trade Deadline Days impact from a fantasy perspective In addition, TSNs social media team keeps fans in the loop on TSNs official Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram accounts with real-time content related to the biggest trades. The TRADECENTRE 14 broadcast will also feature fan tweets using the hashtag #TradeCentre within the TradeCentre Twitter Bar. TRADECENTRE 14 on TSN Radio For in-depth local coverage of NHL Trade Deadline Day, fans can listen to TSN Radio stations across the country: TSN Radio 1050 in Toronto, TSN Radio 690 in Montreal, TSN Radio 1290 in Winnipeg, TSN Radio 1200 in Ottawa, TSN Radio 1260 in Edmonton, and TEAM 1040 in Vancouver. Live streaming of TSN Radio is also available on TSN Digital platforms. Each station features coverage focused on the local NHL team in their market and dips in and out of live coverage of TRADECENTRE 14 – with the television broadcast also featuring look-ins from select TSN Radio stations. Cheap Chargers Jerseys Cheap Rams Jersey Cheap Dolphins Jerseys Cheap Vikings Jerseys Cheap Patriots Jersey Cheap Saints Jerseys Cheap New York Giants Jerseys Cheap Jets Jerseys Cheap Raiders Jerseys Cheap Eagles Jerseys Cheap Steelers Jerseys Cheap 49ers Jerseys Cheap Seahawks Jerseys Cheap Buccaneers Jerseys Cheap Titans Jerseys Cheap Redskins Jerseys ' ' '